Monday, January 3, 2011

A new book

I got a new book for Christmas, Caring for Words in a Culture of Lies by Marilyn McEntyre.  I'm anxious to read it, but I have been advised not to read it too quickly, but to take my time.  This I will try to do.

Today, I read the intro to my new book.  I'm looking forward to finding "new ways to enjoy words and to reclaim them as instruments of love, healing, and peace" and "to foster the kinds of community that come from shared stories and surprising sentences."

I hope this blog becomes a little collection of words, phrases, and paragraphs.  I'd like to come back and browse for tasty tidbits.  You know what I mean.  The kind of passages that you want to read over and over because they are just so delicious.  Occasionally, such writing flows from my fingers, and I wonder where it came from because it seldom seems related to effort.  I cannot always write that way, but I know it when I read it.  And I like to read it again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment